Constructed between 1892 and 1895. The Sol Irlandes building remains one of the oldest standing structures in beautiful downtown Dallas.
Representing the architectural style that was prevalent in Dallas' central business district during the late 19th century and early 20th centuries, the facade survives as one of the three finely detailed Italiante-styled commercial structures left from the era.
Joseph B. Young, a local real estate investor, has been credited with it's construction, but downtown investor Guy Sumpter purchased the building soon after. For many years it served as a retail location as the Leggitt Drug Store and was later expanded to become a Woolworth 5 and 10 store.
Stone street offered early residents of Dallas an easy route from the retail stores and offices lining Main Street to the entertainment district that was Elm Street. During the 1930's, 40's and 50's, Stone street was often referred to as the "Avenue of Many Uses". In 1966, the city closed the street and created a small urban plaza. It quickly became a haven for street preachers, as well as hippies and beatniks.
With a link to the history of downtown Dallas' pride and prosperity, Sol Irlandes becomes home to a new era in Downtown Dallas.
Please get in touch with us for additional information or to make a reservation.
1525 Main St Dallas, TX
Kitchen: Sun - Wed until midnight, Thurs - Sat 1AM
Bar open everyday till 2AM
Brunch Sat & Sun 10AM-2PM
Happy Hour Mon - Fri 3-7